A cut of my thoughts along with a shot of feelings

 While making this video, the main thing I wanted to make sure of was that it followed the beat of the music. This was one of the most common trends in music videos and I don't feel like it would make sense to break this trend. Breaking this trend would just cause the video to feel somewhat choppy at moments with transitions randomly placed willy-nilly. Due to the nature of the song, I feel that the story that I ultimately came up with does not totally fit with the song. I feel like it would have been a better choice now to pick a different song. I guess that this could represent how some problems are caused by doing something in an area that doesn't really fit the situation. But overall, as a music video, I feel that it did well in terms of the basics of a music video.

 When it comes to the audience, this video does not really address them directly. The reason for this was that it was not really needed for this situation. I do know some music videos might address the audience but this one does not. But when it comes to getting them to see it. The most likely way to show them would be through YouTube because it is, to be honest, the most widespread platform that you can share videos on so there is not much of an argument of how it would be distributed.

While making this with the tripod I was able to record some scenes that I'm totally sure I wouldn't be able to record without. There was a selfie-stick that I owned but that would not be able to reliably record. Examples of this are times when I need the camera to be still to just have shots that I can cut and not have the camera position be slightly out of place. I was also able to experiment with different types of transitions but I now have to learn how to use more than one transition at a time because there were some moments that I wanted to combine some but I assume that that was not possible. I myself had to be the actor of the video so I think I developed a somewhat (abysmal) ability to act (I'd like to think). I had to continuously tell myself to not stare at the camera so it wouldn't just be like a music vlog (get it... it was supposed to be a music video but because I kept looking it ended up being a vlog). It took a lot of walking around so I ended up bringing a water bottle and taking breaks after taking as many shots as I could in one specific area. I also had to make decisions when it came to the final product as I had to make the specific time limit. It was quite hard to choose what needed to be cut because it made it right to the edge.

While the process was basically completely setup I try my best to try something new in each of the projects no matter how small. For this project, I learned how to better edit music to have a fade-out effect as it can be heard around the end. I wanna see if I can in a way edit the music in a way that I can have certain parts fade out and transition to a different part to better fit some moments or extended some parts. By doing this I would be able to have more flexibility with a chosen song and I can be more creative with certain moments. For instance, I could have a quick break and have a moment that the actor talks out to the audience or have a moment without the song to bring more of an impact. With each project, I'm learning how to better edit videos and make them more creative. At some point, I would want to learn how to do really creative cuts like some videos that I have seen before that does some really smooth and incredible editing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Snip snip snip snip* (Do sound effects get the meaning across?)

Planning Storyboard for my Music Video

Storyboard for my 8BitDo SN30Pro+ Controller commercial