if (storyboard == done) {filming = start};

 As the storyboard has been finished and finalized it is now time to film!

My main tool for filming was my phone and with some previous experience with using it to acquire shots, the process was more streamlined from recording them to dumping them onto my computer. I basically covered all the roles (which were two) so the main challenge was setting up the phone to get the right shot. I made use of a selfie-stick that was lying around in my home to get the phone to hold while I recorded the scene. The main thing I had to be careful of was making sure that the things that I wanted to shoot were in it and the things I didn't out of sight. So for most of the scene changes, I had to move things under the table in order to get them out of the way for a clean shot. For certain scenes that needed to computer to show I recorded some of me playing the game with the keyboard and with the controller and decided on taking a screenshot for both the win and lose screen to make it easier this was probably for me, the hardest scene to get right because I had to make it look like I was struggling in 5 seconds or less. The takes were other than that went mostly straightforward, but I had to record them in a different order so that the shots will get the same effect as described in the storyboard. And to make sure the lighting was correct I would have to record during the day so the shots wouldn't look too dark. For a 30 second commercial, I felt like I took more shots than necessary as it took around an hour to properly get all the shots (I even had to change my location to get a cleaner area to record). For music, I used a song I purchased recently that I felt would be a good fit and downloaded it to my computer. Dumping the shots from my phone to my computer took a couple of minutes and once I had everything saved to my folder I was ready to put it together.

Time to send the controls to the editor.......which is also me....😐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Snip snip snip snip* (Do sound effects get the meaning across?)

Planning Storyboard for my Music Video

Storyboard for my 8BitDo SN30Pro+ Controller commercial