if {postCommercial == done} system.out.println(thoughts);


 Now that the commercial is done I would like to reflect on what I have done to get a better understanding of how I felt I did on the commercial.

So overall, I felt like my commercial could fit like an ad on Youtube. With it being so short it would get the point across rather quickly that it is a controller for PC that can be used for some games. This commercial could be in the interest of someone that likes to play games on a computer because some games don't work well keyboard and that's when a controller could be a better option. Just like the problem the person in the commercial experienced this can also apply to other people. In my own opinion, I feel like this commercial in a way follows suit with commercials that basically present a common problem and provides their own product as a solution to it.

The way the commercial engagement with the audience that would be in a way of telling a story. Startingnansitions off with a problem that was later solved by the product as the strategy to get the viewer interested. As I said previously, I feel like this would be an ad that would be advertised on something like YouTube or a streaming service that presents ads before the video. They would appear most commonly on a video that would have some relation to games as that would have the lowest chance of a person skipping the ad (if it was skippable).

Overall this project has helped me to learn how to do more with my video editing software. I had to cut, shift, and import many clips all to create that 30-second commercial. I had to also edit them so that only the music played and the actual shots stayed mute. I also learned of features that let me zoom and pan the shot specified shot to create some transitions.

Some interesting things I had to do in order to get the shots I did was to make my own tripod because I did not have a way to make the phone stay in a certain way that would let me orient myself and the camera in order to record what I needed. I also had to basically clear everything thing away in order to include what needed to be included but due to circumstances, I had to let some things slide. Overall with this aspect getting everything to coexist was quite nice and I had more than one phone so multitasking became easier. I had one phone to record videos and import them straight to my computer, one to be a light source and another to provide a strong internet connection for me to type this up.

This was a very fun project and it would be great to start another.... or is it already in the works......


A picture of the makeshift tripod thingy that let me record stuff without having to hold directly onto the phone.
In the future, getting a tripod feels like a good idea so I don't have to find more boxes and selfie sticks to tape together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Snip snip snip snip* (Do sound effects get the meaning across?)

Planning Storyboard for my Music Video

Storyboard for my 8BitDo SN30Pro+ Controller commercial