*Snip snip snip snip* (Do sound effects get the meaning across?)

 So the editing was interesting. It mostly consisted of more cutting than I would want to deal with. Some, honestly all, of the clips, had to be trimmed down. This was the majority of what I have been doing. Even though I was mainly trimming shots, I was able to find some moments where I could have some fun. The shots to be honest took way more time to trim and edit because I wanted the shots to match with the music so it was imperative that I make sure to properly cut the shots. When I got the music that I was going to use I had to cut it to match the required length of the entire video. But, I couldn't do it at the start because I didn't know how much the film would take. So most of the editing consisted of getting the actual film to go by as smoothly as possible. While at the same time cutting out as much as possible to shorten the length to one minute. Overall the process was similar to the others but this time I had more chances to mess with transitions. Davinci Resolve has a number of transition types like a fade-in fade-out along with just normal blinks and others. The transitions I used were simple because I did not need anything too complicated to make it. I also used a trick I did with the commercial by creating splits in parts of the music, I could fit clips in that would change at the prospective beat or note of the track. Doing this I was able to align the video to the music and begin trimming things down even further to get the video to match with the music at the time limit. It was pretty hard deciding how I wanted to cut certain scenes because I wanted it to flow well. And there was the small intro and ending that I had to figure out how to have an audio play without video. But overall the editing finished and the video will be posted at a later date.


After I was done with the cutting... They couldn't catch me. It was a massacre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning Storyboard for my Music Video

Storyboard for my 8BitDo SN30Pro+ Controller commercial