Filming with peak professional equipment! (To me at least...)

 Well by this time I (and I hope others as well) enjoyed a good meal with my family and for me got around to filming a couple of sections of the music video. So overall for filming I wanted shots to be as still as possible to get the shots the way I want them for when I edit it together. And for this, I made use of the tool that I created for my previous project. But overall, it is possible to see the small cuts from each of the moments which makes it look shakey. So! I purchased a tripod which let put my phone (video taking tool of choice as of this time) in one spot to take a shot or multiple in an orientation I need which makes some things easier. So with it, I was able to get some of the shots I needed (and dropped the drone idea) and it was actually kinda fun to bring it around and just put it down in places. While filming each time I take a shot I have to run back and make sure that the results were satisfactory. This became a bit of a bother but regardless I recorded the scenes 1-by-1. The scene that took a bit was the filming for the intro part of the video (the first 4 parts of the storyboard). I had to make sure that the angle was good and I had to re-record the movements multiple times. After that, the other scenes were mostly made up of me walking in some direction or doing a type of motion. I did not manage to film it all so there are still a few more scenes left to film which will then be sent to the editing side. All in all, I enjoyed getting a nice walk outside getting some fresh air but the retakes make it a real workout. And going on from this some shots that I decided to add were small close-up moments to make some transitions flow better. This would also allow me to experiment more when I get to editing because it has some neat features that I want to maybe test out. With it coming together for 1 minute each of the intro shots in full was about 20 seconds which definitely tells me that there will be a lot to cut down. And with cutting the video I'll have to be as accurate as possible to align with the music so that it won't feel disconcerting. The last thing I decided was to film certain scenes at different times in order to get certain feelings across. And so I recorded my phone alarm going off in the morning to get the" just woke up early in the morning" feel. I may also get screenshots from my phone so that messages can be seen better because it's hard recording just the screen while walking. The last note is the fact that I am acting in it (well the person walking around but acting nonetheless).


The amount of professionalism that this item proliferates is astonishing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*Snip snip snip snip* (Do sound effects get the meaning across?)

Planning Storyboard for my Music Video

Storyboard for my 8BitDo SN30Pro+ Controller commercial